The Macedonia Call
“During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” Acts 16:9 NIV
Underlying the vision of this rural evangelistic ministry, OUTREACH FOR CHRIST INTERNATIONAL (OFCI), is the ardent desire to become partners with all those who have the burning desire to see the under-privileged and the vulnerable relieved of poverty and exclusion (3John2). The impoverished rural dweller does not only need relief measures to his suffering but also empowerment to become assertive and responsible individual in society.
The operational area of OFCI is the rural communities which do not only lack social amenities but also intense evangelistic work. The effect of downplaying on rural evangelism is the many souls that are lost daily. It is therefore important for Christian leaders to acknowledge that rural dwellers are entitled to the Gospel and decent standard of living in the same way as the urban settlers.
Rationale for seeking sponsorship/partnership.
Rural evangelism is unattractive and yet expensive. Hence it receives little attention. The over concentration of urban evangelism have impoverished the rural areas both physically and spiritually. The scenario indicates that for effective evangelism in rural areas projects and programmes would require sponsorship. On account of the level of poverty in the rural areas no financial support could be expected from the rural people themselves; on most occasions the rural people rather expect and even demand favours from visitors.
Evangelism is obligatory to every Christian yet very few are involved and fewer support it financially and or materially. The cost of intensive evangelistic work is very much beyond the capacity of an individual organization, hence the need for sponsorship and or partnership.
Current problems being addressed.
- For now, OFCI has targeted a total of 2000 needy school children in deprived communities who are in dire need of financial and material support. So far 1578 are registered with the assistance District Education Officers in five districts and their monthly need is estimated to be US$30 per child.
- A total of sixty persons from four rural communities listed to benefit from the Technology Transfer under OFCI’s Human Development Programme are awaiting training and supply of beekeeping tools.
- To effectively reach villages with the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as Human Development Programme, the procurement of Audio visuals and Public Address Equipment is imperative.
- OFCI has no full time personnel, no means of transport and no sponsorship; local or international.
- OFCI organized Community Development Work camp at Kwahu Besease in the Eastern Region that resulted in the building of Junior High School six (6) Classrooms in 1987.
- In 1989 OFCI organized six (6) villages for Tree planting in the Weta (Wheta) Traditional.
- Since 2004 sixty–two vulnerable have been trained and equipped for bee–keeping at Ative in the Volta Region.
- In 2006 OFCI planted a Church at Ave Afiadenyigba in the Volta Region.
- Currently OFCI is soliciting funding to support 1578 children in five districts
- What givers money can accomplish.
Discipleship Training School (DTS)
Provide training for disciples’ @US$125per person per year.
- Leadership Development Seminars (LDS)
Supplement the cost of organizing Christian leadership seminars to equip leaders to execute their office appropriately and as divinely directed @US$40 per person per year.
- Purchase Evangelism Bus.
- Purchase Audio Visual and Public Address Equipment.
- Capacity Building for Poverty Reduction.
Train and equip 25 farmers for beekeeping @ US$ 20 per personper year.
- Vulnerable, Orphans and Aged Support (VOAS)
Provide material and financial relief for the aged at the annual get-together @ US$20 per personper year.
- Support needy children who cannot afford basic education @ US$ 30 per pupil per month.
- View some of the needy children
- Financial Integrity/Accountability:
The OFCI Mission requires an atmosphere of extreme financial accountability and integrity which OFCI promises to maintain. We know how confident donors will be knowing that they are dealing with a truthful ministry. OFCI therefore has a strong internal auditing team that reports directly to the Advisory Board. On account of this financial statements are presented as part of annual reports at annual meetings known as Family Gathering.
We assure all donors of avowed commitment to strive assiduously to be transparent and above reproach in every aspect of our finances. All donations will be promptly acknowledged and also published in the current edition of our magazine “The Testimony of God”.
- What is your stake?
- Accept that the Mission of OFCI is a corporate responsibility.
- No government can fully solve this spiritual, physical, economic and social depravity problem without any help.
- Your “widow’s mite” can make a GREAT DIFFERENCE.
- Show compassion.
- Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Ps. 82:3
- Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. Ps.8:4
- Give To What Works.
- He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD; and he will reward him for what he has done. Prov. 19:17
- If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered. Prov. 21:13
- He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses. Prov. 28:27
May God bless you for your response to “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” Amen