OUTREACH FOR CHRIST INTERNATIONAL (OFCI) was born on 4th October 1986 by the call of God and of the desire to release rural people from spiritual, physical, economic and social depravity. OFCI was born to be a non-denominational Evangelistic Ministry and was thus incorporated under Ghana Companies Code 1963 (Act 179) with registration number G.3,682.
The main motivation factors leading to the birth of OFCI were the fact that the rural dwellers are accountable to God (Rom.14:12) and that they would die condemned if the Gospel is not preached to them; and that the absence of basic social services can and do hinder the spread of the Gospel.
OUR VISION is to promote accelerated rural evangelism and holistic socio-economic development for spiritual and physical development of mankind in practical obedience to the Great Commission.
OUR MISSION is to ensure an improved human life as well as providing evangelism in partnership with the local churches to ensure that every individual hears the Gospel and gets the opportunity to make Jesus Christ his/her Lord and Saviour.
OUR COLOURS are blue and white. Blue represents the glory of God which is our source of strength and abundance of life. White signifies purity of God and openness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
OUR SYMBOL / LOGO is the harvester in the field (Isa.17:5; Matt.9:37), an emblem of the Minister and his work of winning souls (Lk.10:1-2; Jn.4:35).
OUR FOUNDATION OF FAITH. The fundamental teachings of OFCI are reflected in the following statements of faith.
- THE BIBLE. Whose divine inspiration and authority is indisputable serves as our basis of faith and source of teaching and practice (2 Tim.3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- OFCI believes in and teaches the Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscience God revealed as God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen.1:1; Isa.6:3; Matt.3:13-17; 1Jn.5:7).
- MAN’S NEED FOR A SAVIOUR. The depraved nature of man and his subsequent punishment is an index of his need of a Saviour that had been met in the person of Jesus Christ. (Gen.3:1-19).
- THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST. OFCI holds firmly to the doctrine of the resurrection of the dead, the second coming of the Christ, the final judgment, the end of the age and creation of a new heaven and earth. (Jn.11:23; 1Cor.15:12; Col.2:2-3; 1Cor.5:51-52; Heb.9:17, 28.
- REPENTANCE, REGENERATION, JUSTIFICATION AND SANCTIFICATION. We believe all men have to repent of and confess their sins before God and believe in the vicarious death of Jesus Christ to be justified before God. We also believe in the sanctification of the believer through the working of the Holy Spirit and in God’s gift of eternal life to the believer (Luke 15:7, Acts2:38; Rom.4:25; 5:16, 1 Cor. 1:30, 1 Thess. 4:3).
- SACRAMENTS OF THE CHURCH. We pursue two sacraments for the Church: Baptism by immersion and Holy Communion (The Lord’s Supper) as commanded by Jesus Christ for His Church (Matt.28:19, 20; Mark 16:16, Luke 22:19-20).
- GIFTS AND FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. OFCI upholds the belief that Baptism of the Holy Spirit should be initially evidenced with speaking in tongues, working of signs and wonders and finally operation of the gifts and bearing of fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- DIVINE HEALING. OFCI believes in divine healing as revealed in Scriptures and the use of scientific medical practice. Traditional healing by cults, fetishes and the like are however abhorred.. (2Kings 20:7; Matt.9:12; Luke 10:34; Col. 4:14. Ezek.47:12).
- We believe in the doctrine of the resurrection of the dead, the second coming of Christ, the final judgment, the end of the age and creation of a new heaven and earth (John 11:23, 1Cor. 15:12., Col. 3:3,4; 1 Cor. 15:51,52 Heb. 9 :17, 28).
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR MINISTRY. OFCI believes and practices the Biblical teaching on cheerful giving in the service of God. (Mal.3:10, 2 Cor.9:15)